There has never been a better time to consider the advantages of working from home……
Taking aside the clear benefits of time saving, travel costs, eco responsibilities and several other factors, have you considered how many of our usual day-to-day office based activities can now be undertaken with the efficient use of your home PC/laptop or tablet. It is highly likely that you already have the software installed, configured and paid for, ready to use.
If we consider the components of an average working day, for example:
- Emails – it matters not if we answer them in the office, in Costa/MacDonalds or at home.
- Face-to-Face Meetings and Conference Calls – these can be conducted using modern technical equipment, there is no longer the need for everybody to be in the same room at the same time.
- Sitting down with colleagues to work on that new spreadsheet – you can be in Aberdeen, John can be Berlin and Laura could be in Melbourne. You can all see the changes happening in real time and can collaborate on all types of files, e.g. a Board Report in Microsoft Word, a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint….
- Lunch-time chats and the water-cooler conversation – Instant Messaging is the answer – invite who you want to join in.
How do we do it?
The answer is Microsoft Office 365, in particular one of the products therein which is called Teams. Whether it is for instant messages, chats or video or audio call to an individual or group of people, Teams is simple to use on the desktop app, mobile app or even on the web. The massive advantage of Teams is the ‘teams’ feature – no more email chains, no more multiple replies from a group email or losing track of which attachment is being worked on. Teams allows for groups to communicate, reply to messages, attach files and documents and collaborate together. Teams can also replace your current phone system as a fully featured VOIP phone system and replace current Conference Call and Webinar solutions.
We can teach you how to use Teams, using Teams itself, meaning that the participants can be in any location. The session will cover:
- Getting to grips with Teams and its major features
- Using the Audio and Video Calling features
- Managing and using Chats and Teams
- Working together on files in real-time
- Online Webinars, Conferencing Calls, Scheduled Meetings – use Teams to set up and manage
- We will add additional Office 365 apps in the training, for example connecting to SharePoint sites, external apps and editing Word or other documents from within the app.
For more information on this; or full day remote training sessions, allowing you to truly co-work from home, please call 0114 4040 160 or contact us.